Monday 5 December 2016

250 words Reflection

       I have greatly benefitted from the Technical Communication module, as it has enables me to improve on my communication skills and writing techniques. Through the various assignments, we are given, it helps us apply the useful knowledge I acquired in the Technical Communication lesson into better use. However, the overall module duration is a little short. We are given 20 hours, which I feel could be extended further. To give us additional time to achieve more learning objectives.
       The challenging segment in the module which I have encountered would be the in-class presentation, as I tend to be nervous during the midpoint of the presentation. Especially in a situation when I left out some important points. In a good presentation, we cannot afford to show any sign of nervous. Hence, it is important to maintain a proper stance and eye contact with the audiences.
       Overall, I have enjoyed doing presentation, which provides me with the platform to boost up with confidence level in a speech presentation. I would get great sense of satisfaction when the audiences are focusing on my presentation. This give me the assurance that my presentation is clearly articulated and comprehensible.
       To further improve on my communication skills, I intend to read up more relevant self-help books, which can help me make an effective communication. I am a firm believer, that practice makes perfect. As such, I am willing to put in more time and efforts in sharpening my presentation skills. I truly hope the key insights and concepts I learnt in this module would benefit me in every aspect of my life.

      

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Peng Wee, for this clear, concise and comprehensive reflection. I'm happy to know that you found many takeaways in the tasks you did in TLM1010. It is also good to know that you found the presentation practice useful and enjoyable even as we critiqued that in great detail.

    Like you, I wish we could spend 12 weeks in this module. That would be made easier assisting students with the same level of enthusiasm as you!

    I really appreciate all your contributions this term, Peng Wee. All the best as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete